Life is sweet. But if accompanied by diabetes, it becomes bitter to live with.
Diabetes or high blood sugar is not at all that fatal by itself. The consequential damages caused to nerves, legs, foot, heart, eyes, kidneys and pancreas is what makes diabetes actually lethal. Therefore, ‘Not only treatment, prevention too’ accentuates the motto of the DASH team to fight this distressing disease.
Diabetes is one of the most widely spread diseases in the world. Though it's not fatal by itself, it can cause severe damage to the nerves, legs, foot, heart, eyes, kidneys and the pancreas. The Diabetic Association of Sterling Hospitals (DASH) and the best diabetologists in India at Sterling Hospitals strive to infuse hope and peace in even the most severe of diabetic cases. We have some of the best-in-class facilities for the treatment of diabetes supported by a world-class infrastructure to help and care for the patients suffering from this bitter disease.
- Screening for diabetes in asymptomatic persons, especially high-risk groups and first degree relatives of diabetics
- Treatment of diabetes and diabetes related complication
- Attempt to prevent diabetes and care to prevent complications caused by diabetes
- Extensive and elaborate monitoring for in pre-operative and postoperative in diabetes patients
- Giving full understanding of the disease to the patient
- Establishing and applying Indian protocol to fight diabetes
- Research and clinical trials in field of diabetes
- Extensive diabetic education programme, exhibition and online education
- Continuous medical education (CME) programmes for family physician and updates for consultants
- MS (Continuous Glucose Monitoring System) – first in South Asia.
- Insulin Pump - the first in South Asia.
New equipment to prevent diabetes
The world over, a large number of people are suffering from diabetes. To help them control diabetes easily, many companies are trying to discover newer ways of controlling diabetes, which also involves discovering the latest equipment for diabetes control. Some of this equipment has now been introduced in the Indian market. Sterling Hospitals is fortunate to possess the latest equipment as part of the latest facilities at the Diabetology department of Sterling.
SMBG (Self-Monitoring Blood Glucose)
SMBG is a simple glucometer that helps the patient take his blood sample at home and measure blood glucose within one minute. It is very helpful especially the save the patient in case of hypoglycemia. Other diabetic patients can check their sugar on a routine basis. Patients need not always go to a laboratory for investigation. SMBG devices are now available at very reasonable rates in market
CGMS (Continuous Glucose Monitoring System)
CGMS is a new concept in India. CGMS equipment measures patient’s Blood Glucose level continuously for 72 hours with patient’s daily activity. A sensor is inserted just under the skin. Every 10 seconds, it converts subcutaneous tissue glucose into a signal and passes it to CGMS monitor. Every 5 minutes, the monitor records a value, which is an average of these 30 samples. The monitor records 12 readings in 1 hour, 288 readings in one day and 864 reading in three days. The patient is required to enter diet and insulin details in the monitor. After 3 days, the monitor data is transferred into computer. The report is in a graph format, so the doctor can analyse it very easily
For Further Information
Please contact the Diabetes & Endocrinology department at Sterling Hospitals for further details.