Gastro-intestinal and liver diseases hae become very common in present times. Millions of people around the world routinely face gastric and enteric problems routinely like acidity, diarrhoea, gas, indigestion, jaundice, and others. However, if not attended to, these diseases can give rise to serious issues like bleeding from stomach and intestines and severe swelling of the pancreas and unconsciousness due to liver failure. With the help of the best Gastroenterology & GI Surgery team in India, Sterling Hospitals is well-equipped to diagnose and treat such gastro-intestinal diseases. We provide the following services to patients suffering from gastroenterology and GI surgery.
- Ultramodern endoscopy equipped with gastroscope
- Colonoscopy (to examine the large intestine)
- Capsule endoscopy for small intestinal diseases
- Advanced treatment of the narrow food pipe like dilatation, stenting, banding & injection of bleeding veins
- Removal of tumours like polyps and others from the large intestine
- Removal of stones from the bile duct
- Stent placement in thee food pipe, bile duct and pancreatic duct
- Management of acute upper and lower GI hemorrhage
- Advanced Liver ICU to treat liver failure (Hepatic Coma)
- Liver transplant for liver cirrhosis & early liver cancer
At Sterling Hospitals, we have all the modalities for the diagnosis and treatment for the diseases that are related to gastroenterology. Our best-in-class team of doctors have ample experience and expertise in medical as well as surgical gastroenterology.
Sterling Hospitals for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery Diseases
Sterling Hospitals is strongly equipped with advanced facilities to combat oesophagus related diseases which include issues such as:
For stomach related diseases, we can combat diseases which include:
- Hyperacidity/peptic ulcer,
- Chronic vomiting/reflux disease,
- Blood in vomiting due to ulcer disease,
- Cancer of stomach,
- H. Pylori infection,
- Peptic ulcer.
Our department also includes advanced facilities to combat diseases of the duodenum that include malnutrition/celiac sprue and H. Pylori Infection. Our advanced facilities for gallbladder and bile-duct related problems can help combat diseases such as GB calculi/jaundice and biliary-tract cancer. The team of medical experts and professionals at Sterling Hospitals are adept at treating complex pancreatic diseases such as Acute /chronic pancreatitis and Pancreatic duct calculi. We also have an advanced liver diseases treatment programme for liver diseases such as:
- Liver cirrhosis
- Hepatic coma
Our dedicated Gastroenterology & GI Surgery team effectively tackles diseases of the small intestine such as occult blood in stool/anaemia, tuberculosis, and celiac sprue (malabsorption). Our expertise covers diseases of the colon such as IBD (Ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s colitis), Tumour/ cancer of colon, viral (e.g. CMV) infection in immuno-compromised patients and chronic diarrhoea.
Sterling Hospital Ahmedabad is equipped with some of the best facilities for treatment of such diseases which include two endoscopy theatres equipped with:
- ERCP scope
- Capsule endoscopy (very few centres in Gujarat),
We have advanced therapeutic procedures such as:
- Biopsy/ histology/ Immune-histochemistry
- Banding and Sclerotherapy
Other procedures include glue therapy, manometry, and Peroral Endoscopic Myotomy (POEM). Besides having an advanced liver advanced liver (cadaveric & live) transplant ICU/Operation theatre, we also have advanced facilities for procedures such as:
- Pneumatic dilatation
- SG dilatation (savary gilliard)
- Stenting (food pipe obstructed by tumour,
- PEG (Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy)
- RUT (rapid unease test
- ERCP/stenting for bile duct calculi
For Further Information
Please contact the Gastroenterology & GI Surgery at Sterling Hospitals for further details.