Sterling Hospitals runs a state-of-the-art robotic surgery program for urology conditions. With the help of the best robotic urologists in India who specialize in a variety of urological conditions, our specially devised surgical procedures avoid damage to surrounding nerves and help enhance recovery times. Sterling Hospitals has collaborated with Dept. of Urology, University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine (Florida) to develop and facilitate the ‘Robotic Onco-Urological Surgery Programme’.
Moreover, urology is quite definitely the forerunner in the use of robotic technology. The number of Radical Prostatectomy (surgery to remove all or part of the prostate gland) being performed has gone up tremendously as compared to the open era.
The advantages have also been extended to procedures requiring precision and accuracy like Partial Nephrectomy (surgical removal of a renal tumour), which has enabled efficient nephron (functional unit of the kidney) sparing surgery, which helps in kidney function preservation.
Today, the following robotic assisted surgeries are now being performed with increased frequency:
- Adrenalectomy (surgery to remove the adrenal glands)
- Pyeloplasty (surgical reconstruction or revision of the renal pelvis to drain and decompress the kidney)
- Radical Nephrectomy (complete removal of the kidney)
- Partial Nephrectomy (partial removal of the kidney)
- Radical Prostatectomy (an operation to remove the prostate gland and some of the tissue around it. It is done to remove prostate cancer)
- Donor Nephrectomy (wherein a kidney is transplanted from a living donor to a recipient, the patient.)
The department of Urology at Sterling Hospital has a comprehensive renal transplant program both with autologous as well as cadaveric transplants. The facility performs minimally invasive surgery for renal donors. Thus, the need for post-operative recovery time and hospitalization is minimized.
We have stringent protocols for infection control and a proactive renal transplant management program. Our hospital is well suited for transplantations such as cadaveric, cadaveric donor, live donor transplantation, and laparoscopic donor transplantation. We have some of the best operation theatre facilities for renal and urology related procedures and operations.
Achievements of urology surgery team:
Kidney is one of the most important organs that filters and manages waste in our body. Slight discomfort in the kidneys can result in a lot of unrest in the body. Above 30% of critically ill patients develop renal failure of various severities. Therefore, referring it to an experienced nephrologists becomes essential, so as to correctly diagnose and treat the disorder. The Nephrology Department at Sterling Hospital is well-equipped along with the best nephrologists in India to treat the critically ill patients with advanced dialysis and related infrastructure.
Salient Features of the Department of Urology, Sterling Hospital
- Specialised departments of Reconstructive Urology, Uro-Oncology and Paediatric Urology
- Impotence and Andrology clinic: Facilities like Penile Doppler, Microscopic varicocelectomy, Vaso-epididymal anastomosis
- Renal transplantation facilities: State of the art, well equipped operation theatre, team of skilled and experienced Urologists and Anaesthetists
- Facilities for laparoscopic donor nephrectomy
- Nephrology department to back up our transplant and renal failure patients
- Post-operative ICU with trained nursing and Paramedical staff to take care of the patients
- Management of uro-surgical trauma patients
- Post-operative care and close monitoring by surgeon and highly-trained staff.
For Further Information
Please contact Sterling Hospitals for further details