Paediatric Urology is a specialized field within urology that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of urological conditions in infants, children, and adolescents. The Department of Paediatric Urology at Sterling Hospitals in Ahmedabad offers comprehensive evaluation, diagnosis, and management of urological conditions in paediatric patients. Here is a brief overview of the services offered:
- Evaluation and management of congenital urological abnormalities, such as hypospadias, undescended testes, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract obstruction. This may involve various diagnostic techniques, including imaging studies, urodynamic studies, and surgical treatments such as hypospadias repair, orchiopexy for undescended testes, or pyeloplasty for urinary tract obstruction.
- Treatment of urinary incontinence and voiding dysfunction in children, which may include behavioural modification, medication, or minimally invasive procedures such as bladder training, biofeedback, or urotherapy.
- Management of urinary tract infections in children, including evaluation of recurrent or complicated infections, and appropriate antibiotic management to prevent long-term complications.
- Diagnosis and management of paediatric urological tumours, such as Wilms' tumour, neuroblastoma, and rhabdomyosarcoma, through a multidisciplinary approach involving paediatric urologists, paediatric oncologists, and other specialists.
- Treatment of other urological conditions in children, such as phimosis, hernias, hydroceles, and varicoceles, through surgical interventions tailored to the age and needs of the child.
The Department of Paediatric Urology at Sterling Hospitals is staffed with experienced paediatric urologists who are trained in the unique needs and challenges of diagnosing and treating urological conditions in paediatric patients. The department is equipped with specialized facilities, advanced diagnostic tools, and child-friendly environments to provide compassionate and comprehensive care to children with urological conditions. The goal is to optimize the health and well-being of paediatric patients through accurate diagnosis, timely interventions, and individualized care plans that address their unique needs.